View Single Post
Old Thu May 03, 2018, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

I did work intramurals this past season (I worked all the way through the quarterfinals) for Jason Hess, but I do not know if I would be allowed to officiate with NIRSA if I attend a non-member institution.

Returning to the OP, I expected there to be more reviews of DMV area camps. I have been to the Level One Officials camp last year, and can attest to the high quality of instruction there. This camp is a very solid teaching camp, because Que'z combines video of other games, control situations, feedback at your games (this camp was combined with Kevin Nickleberry's coaching camp at Howard University), and gives you the opportunity to work games after the camp ends, for additional evaluation and feedback. I went in not knowing anything of three-man mechanics (other than what I read in the IAABO manual), with no experience of working any sort of 3-man games, to holding my own at a tournament at Stevenson University on August 5th (the Saturday after the camp ended). After I realized what was required of me in 3-man, I was able to confidently make (correct) calls in my PCA, and felt comfortable working 3-man games. After the Level One Camp, my intramural games became easy, from a mechanics point of view, because 3-man had become second nature. If anyone is in the DC area, and has recently started officiating, go to Level One! As soon as Que'z makes information on his camp public for this year, I'll post more. Many of the instructors, including Que'z himself, have college experience, including at the D1 level (MEAC).