View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 30, 2018, 10:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkupka View Post
Maybe, with the "without hesitation"... but what if F5 walked toward you (calmly of course) to deliver that message, and the runner up 'n bolted back to 2nd?!
I agree there's an amount of judgment here. Above it seemed to suggest that there was none; that is that an appeal consisted of stating the reason and then tagging the runner. In your scenario, probably not since I'm with Irish that they should just tag her out. Let's take your scenario a little further into TWP territory. After telling me that she didn't tag up and me responding that's not a valid appeal(*), she sees the runner has bolted and throws a strike to F4. The runner gets in a rundown and after the confusion ends just beats the throw into third for a second time. I am not accepting that as an appeal even though she told me the violation and the next thing she did was successfully tag the runner. But if she then looks at me and makes a separate tag I'm calling the runner out for leaving 2nd early. It's obvious to me what she's doing with that extra tag. Similarly if the runner is well safe at third and then she makes a tag I don't need an extra verbal.

(*) Is this too much coaching? How would you all respond (if at all) to a live ball verbal appeal?