View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 20, 2018, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

Last year in a local AAU tournament championship game a kid intentional fouled a kid at the end of the game and then screamed at me for calling an intentional and got a Technical foul. Final 1.5 minutes and it cost his team the game. Dad came after me after the game and wanted to fight me in the parking lot. I do not do championship local AAU games any more. Not worth it.

The flip side is next month I will be at the largest tournament in the world 1100+ teams. Those assignors want us to blow even if it puts the day behind. If you dont blow you end up with a game like that. I take my friends so I dont have to work a game like that with some knucklehead. That assignor would fire him on the spot. That assignor tells us every morning meeting to call stuff.

I would tell those parents to take out their phone record some plays and tell that AAU orginzation these are going to your national office. Our team is not going to return until player safety is something that is important to you. That how is this play on video not an ejection. Those 20 parents are in his face things will change.

Just my 2 cents.