View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 19, 2018, 08:46am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Pay more for officials, and use 3-man crews. 3-man crews are better for off-ball coverage, game management (preventing the dumb stuff), and seeing illegal action than 2-man crews are. This would be especially useful for AAU ball.
This is just an example of naivety here.

Those holding the tournaments also decide on the number of officials and what they're going to pay them. If they can get the games covered with 2 officials on each court and pay them $20, they will. If they can't, they'll slowly raise the game fees till they get enough.

3-person? Why would they EVER do that? They don't really care how well the games are officiated. 3-person would be $25 extra per court per hour that they can't stick in their pockets.

Working glorified street ball in 2-person crews will never make anyone a better official. I stopped doing this stuff decades ago when I no longer needed to whore myself out to help pay the rent.

If it was 3-person and paid reasonably well, I'd do it only to see more plays, etc. But how is a 2-person game going to benefit me at this point in my life, when I work no 2-person games in the season?

I really don't care about this stuff anymore. If people want to go make $100 dealing with that stuff for 4 hours, good for them.