View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 18, 2018, 12:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
Lets get back on track. I am not saying the best players in the world aren't in the US, I'm not saying FIBA/NBA rule is superior. As the USA, you can claim the best players and that they play primarily under the rule sets mentioned. I'm not trying to say Kyrie is Australian or played international rules. Just pointing out that 1/3 of the best of the best in the world are not US players. I don't control who frequents this website but am also willing to conceed that the lions share only need to talk about or worry about NFHS/NCAA interps.

Here are the only 2 points I was trying to illustrate:

1) Regardless of rule set, the claim was people didn't want it called. I was simply pointing out that other rule sets - NBA a while ago - and FIBA this past year have adjusted the language of their rules so that the moves they want allowed are not travels. The NFHS and NCAA rule sets still have it as a travel although "people" do not call it that way. Expectation is that to move up, get high level games, you will call it differently than or in spite of the rule set.
And people complain all the time that traveling is not called in the NBA. So I would not base much off of this play. There was a play by James Harden the other day that has gone around social media that clearly was a travel and the people were asking to be called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
2) In response to the idea that no one wants it called a travel. 30+ million people in the US play basketball. 450 million people world play basketball. So as of Oct. 2017 (when FIBA rule changes were implemented for competition) 420 million people can have their travels called by the rules and can still have your spin moves and three steps in transition.
This is not soccer. This is not a sport the players from the US do not dominate at every imaginable level. So it is honestly irrelevant who does or does not want something called from around the world when the world is not as good at that sport. And I had a few examples during the tournament of plays where a spin was called at the NCAA level.

Peace