View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 13, 2018, 10:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Get In, Get Out, Get Paid, Not Here ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
In much of the world, nobody cares how the FR/JV officials show up. They arrive, work, and leave.
From what I read on the Forum, I agree, but in the world of IAABO, especially Connecticut IAABO, and specifically, my local board IAABO, the education, and training, of new officials, and the continuing education, and training, of experienced officials, is our main objective.

Collegiality and education go hand in hand. Veterans observe inexperienced guys. Inexperienced guys observe veterans. Plays, rules, mechanics, signals, positioning, and game management, are discussed. Positive feedback, and constructive criticism, are offered.

Of course the number, and level, of game assignments, and game fees, are important (few of us would work for free, or want to work just one freshman game a week), but it's not our only raison d'ętre.

Sure, not everybody buys into the system. We've got a few subvarsity guys that just want to get in, get out, and get paid, but it's a very small percentage.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Apr 22, 2018 at 06:15am.