View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 12, 2018, 04:50pm
Esteemed Forum Member

'Cause Every Girl Crazy 'Bout A Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top) …

Quote:
Originally Posted by #olderthanilook View Post
I've been around the block enough by now to know which schools don't have showering facilities ...
We service around seventy high schools. I know of only three that don't have showering facilities, and a secure changing area.

From our local newsletter a few years ago:

When arriving at a game site, people immediately judge you by your appearance. Make a good first impression by coming to game sites dressed professionally in business casual attire. Consider purchasing a sweater, pullover, or vest, with an IAABO logo. Common sense dictates that some afternoon assignments may require officials to arrive in uniform, or in work clothes. Middle school sites may lack secure dressing areas, and may not have shower facilities available.

For most high school games, where secure dressing areas, and showers, are available, officials should not come dressed in uniform, and should not come dressed in sneakers, work boots, jeans, T-shirts, etc. It looks bad, and reflects poorly on our board. On court, the official’s uniform should be clean, pants pressed, all black shoes shined, jacket unwrinkled, and the official should be well groomed. Officials should shower after the game and should not leave wearing a uniform. Doing so could give the impression that the official wants to “get in, get out, and get paid”, which is not the impression that our officials want to present.

Next year I'll be available for midafternoon middle school games (next season, when fans yell, "Don't quit your day job", I'll be able to yell back, "Too late. I'm retired"), and plan to work a few and mentor some of the new guys. I've been talking to some of our middle school guys and they all say the same thing, "Come dressed in uniform".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Apr 12, 2018 at 04:54pm.