Thread: New Hip anyone?
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 12, 2018, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

After several weeks of PT, a month of March that was colder than the month of February, multiple snow storms in March, and still waiting for a few snow piles to melt, I did my first game yesterday.

My early schedule is all base assignments (by request).

While I've been doing some exercises at home to strengthen the hip/leg, being out on the field was the true test. I admit to being somewhat timid in my movements and did pass on doing some buttonhooking that I might otherwise have not had a problem with. Running was tentative and I never did go into a full out sprint.

Overall, I had some "tiredness" after the game, but so far this morning things seem pretty good. I still have some sensitivity on the outside of my thigh which can be a little sore. It's like having taken a pitch on an unprotected area that stays sore for several days. It seems to be slowly dissipating so I'm hopeful that more game action will further strengthen that area.

I took a couple of Tylenol before the game as a precaution.

Yesterday was a varsity game that ended up a mercy game. Today is a JV game that could have a similar result based on what I've heard from fellow officials that have worked the teams playing today.

Now it's day to day looking to "get back to normal".