View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 10, 2018, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post
Deecee,

If I remember correctly you have stated in the past you had some desire to move up, if so you will have to change your thought process on the above being a T. I've had 6'8" guys in D1 and D2 games block shots from guys that are 5'10" and say the above phrase. I told that big fella, "Damn the dude is 5' 10", its not like you blocked Draymond Green" and smiled. Most guys get it laugh and say my bad. Humor goes a long way with things like that. And trust me supervisors can tell that you can diffuse situations.

But to flat out give a technical foul for that....that may be a tough sell to the coach / supervisor.
After a couple years doing NCAA I called it quits, HS too. Just don't have the time or energy. Our assignor has a 0 tolerance for taunting behavior and after seeing a couple veteran D1 guys make similar calls I adopted the philosophy. It actually made games easier to work. Coaches would never argue a T for a taunt after a block. Especially in most cases the players aren't exactly quiet about it.