View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 09, 2018, 05:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Actually IAABO International, the parent organization of my local board, forbids belted pants, and has done so for a few years. Because we have a few "belt" guys, our local board passed a constitutional amendment a few years ago that gives us the option of wearing belted (must be a black belt) pants as part of our approved uniform if we want to.

I spotted a rookie official (who did an excellent job officiating, he's a former high school basketball coach) wearing a belt this past season. I always provide positive feedback, or constructive criticism, to subvarsity officials that I observe (we're an educational organization), so I told him that as a up and coming young guy he should wear beltless pants, it's a better look, and a more modern look. Guys as old a dirt, like me, can pull off the belted look, but beltless is the way to go.

There are still some excellent dinosaurs on my local board. A outstanding veteran official wore belted pants working a girls state final this past season. Chalk one up for the old guys.

Also, for your information, Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. doesn't wear a belt when he works games, he wears suspenders. Good thing, because when he works, he goes commando.
OK. No belts for our game then. Ohio does opposite the table, and standard IAABO practice is opposite the table, so that's how we'll go, unless Nevadaref has something to say about that . Can't wait to get our game started!