View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 08, 2018, 09:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
I was seriously asking a question. I haven't done any college games, so I'm trying to understand if foul reporting procedures are different for college than for high school, both according to the CCA manuals and how they are actually done in practice. If they are, I will follow what is written in the appropriate CCA manual when I go to college tryout camps. If not, I will default to NFHS SOP.

AFAIK, in my games in DC and MD, no one told me that I should not follow the reporting procedure in the NFHS manual, because both Board 12 and MBOA use the NFHS manual as a basis for their mechanics.

I don't understand why JRutledge and other users believe that I am trying to insult them. I am trying to learn by sharing my experiences and asking questions about things that I may not understand. I do not want to have to say this on a public forum, but I will. I have Asperger's Syndrome, a disorder on the autism spectrum, which makes it more difficult for me to understand people than it may be for a normal person. I also may understand things literally, and may not understand unwritten rules, or deviations from written rules. Asperger's Syndrome is not without its strengths: I am a highly logical thinker, I pay attention to details, I am persistent in pursuing my interests (officiating is one of them), and I can remember many relevant facts. With proper support, I might be able to become "The Rule Guy (TM)" on a varsity, collegiate, or professional crew .
No one is insulted by you and secondly, none of that has to do with the response you are getting. The response is because you make remarks as if you know better than those that have been doing this longer than you. Sorry, but even with all of that you stated, you still have not done varsity, college or any other level. So the ideas you have are interesting, but that does not make the accurate. The NF, for example, does not make states follow their mechanics on any level. It is used to have some standardization but the NF does not expect states to follow things or do not get even upset if states do something totally different. But you might not know that because you have not been officiating very long or on this site which these things get talked about often. So if someone says something verbally or not, does it really matter? And the person you said something smart to actually assigns officials. If he does not care, I doubt anyone else gives a darn what verbal words they use on a specific call. Not insulted, just think someone that has admitted to only worked three year and no regular varsity might want to listen to high school, college, and high-level playoff officials. Your background is interesting, but it does not excuse the lack of perspective you have shown in this discussion.

Peace