View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 08, 2018, 06:58pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Preliminary ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I don't think I say ANYTHING.
By IAABO mechanics (used by a very small percentage of Forum members), Rich is 100% correct. We never have to verbalize what type of foul at the preliminary, just the proper signal is required. All we have to verbalize for the preliminary is the color, and number, of the fouler. Maybe NFHS mechanics dictate the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Every official develops their own style, quirks, habits, etc.
For some reason I got into a habit of stating "Player control", or "Team control", at the preliminary, don't know why (maybe, as a young lad, I was trying to emulate a highly respected official who did likewise). I guess that it's become my "style". Maybe that's why I haven't gotten any state finals yet? Yeah, that's the reason, for sure. Absolutely, that's gotta be the only reason.

Or maybe it's because I put two fists on my hips at the preliminary for blocking fouls. At least I fix it by putting two open hands on my hips when I report the foul to the table, so that can't be why I haven't gotten a final yet? I only half screw up on those. Half screwing up is better than totally screwing up? Right? I fix it at the table, so it can't be that bad? Right?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Apr 08, 2018 at 07:11pm.