View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 06, 2018, 05:07pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Did I Assume Wrong ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I work shot clock games working college games and there is nothing special about the shot clock. As stated before, many times there are more mess ups with the shot clock than there are times it seems to work. And at the college level, they hire people all the time just to do that.
Thanks for the inside information. As a high school official with only a passing interest in college, or professional, basketball, I just assumed that the "big boys" would have the shot clock down pat, easy peasy lemon squeezy, no problems. If what you're saying is that shot clock problems often exist on the college level, then there's absolutely no way I want these problems occurring on the interscholastic level, especially on the junior varsity, freshman, or middle school level. I don't even want a shot clock in my varsity games, I don't need shot clock problems in games that count. I've got other table things to worry about, like, "Why is the table calling me over when they just told me a few seconds ago that we're not in the bonus?".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)