View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 06, 2018, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Honestly, who gives a damn about FIBA? Don't most of the world's best players come from this country?

And I would not get rid of anything without a change of the shot clock provision. If there is no shot clock, then keep the rule the same.

Peace
At least 100 active NBA players are foreign (either foreign-born or have foreign nationality). This might be a reason why USA Basketball recommended that US high schools adopt FIBA rules instead of NFHS rules. If a body as prominent as USA Basketball recommends that, we should at least pay attention to it, and try to understand the rules it plays by.

I would agree with you on not changing the closely guarded rule until the shot clock changes. In fact, I have made a sample shot clock proposal in the "HS Shot Clock" thread. MD is a shot clock state, so it can't sit on the rules committee and give suggestions, but if you do not come from a shot clock state, maybe you can take a look at the proposal, give me some suggestions on how to make it better, and forward it to your state's rules interpreter.