View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 04, 2018, 04:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Perhaps if I had a shortage at the varsity level....but in hoops right now I don't.

But as an official I work both and then get 60% girls games from some assigners cause other assigners cater to people with requests for one gender only, mostly boys. So I try not to do a lot of this where I can avoid it.
I am not saying so much you, but the places that are doing these doubleheaders probably are having those issues. I know just trying to get to a game earlier in the day with work and other family obligations it is hard enough to do one game, but two?

And again, people are going to ultimately make choices of things they wish to do. Yes maybe not a problem at the varsity level and we do not have a shortage in this area either right now. It might be a problem down the road if you tell people what they have to do to work for what we get paid at the high school level. I think we focus so much on why officials would not work high school games because of sportsmanship or pay, but this to me also annoys officials as they have other obligations. I am personally exhausted working more than 4 days a week during the season and certainly do not like it when I have to work things I choose to not want to do.

Peace