Thread: Womens NBA Path
View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 04, 2018, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I would assume that everyone on the G-League staff is not qualified to make the jump, including most of the men. My understanding you are being groomed to make the jump when on the staff but not necessarily ready to work NBA games anytime soon. And unless they are firing officials or major retirements they are not going to be picking up anyone in great numbers. They have hired people from the WNBA Staff who are a combination of NCAA officials and G-League officials in recent years. Also, I would assume that some of those G-League staff work NBA Summer stuff as well but not sure how that gets you to the NBA staff directly.

The path comes from many angles I have been told, at least in the last few years.

Peace
Everybody on the roster works Summer League, including the new officials. G-League is always the first stop - for some, WNBA is next, then NBA. For some, WNBA is the last stop. For some, they skip WNBA. Historically, the league has hired you from 3-6 years and if you aren't ready to make the jump, you are fired.

Soon, the league (supposedly) is going to have people being hired as full time G-League officials that will never make the jump, along with people still being groomed.