View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 03, 2018, 08:02am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Well, MD and WA did it, but then they were early adopters of a girls shot clock, so they already had the necessary infrastructure in place. MD, WA, ND, SD, MA, NY, RI, and CA (and DC) all adopted a shot clock, and many of these states have significant numbers of rural areas and rural school districts. Somehow, they did it (especially ND and SD), so if 8 states with significant portions of the population in rural areas did it, I wouldn't be surprised to see the other 42 states catch on. Anyway, a shot clock would significantly ease administration of the closely-guarded rule (in WCAC girls and DC public school games, I only have to enforce the closely guarded rule on a held ball).
Did you know North Dakota has the most millionaires per capita of all the states? At least they did when I lived there. I'm a military brat who then served 22 years in the military, I've been to more places than the average individual. I think you are making assumptions about places without knowing what things are really like. Next time you drive down the Eastern Shore of Virginia, let me know if you think those communities look like they have extra money to throw money at high school sports.

And I'll repeat, I have enough trouble with tables getting the basics correct, and I work for 2 separate HS boards in 2 separate geographical locations in Virginia.