View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 24, 2018, 12:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Copyright issues with YouTube

It appears that the NCAA March Madness site on YouTube is making claims to videos for copyright infringement.

They have done it with two videos for this year that took some time to show the situations requested.

I think what I am going to do moving forward is no longer post videos that take long times. If the video is more than a minute, I probably will not publish it on YouTube at all.

So what likely needs to happen by you guys and your requests, you need to be concise about the request and not ask for situations that might even have a review or long situation to sort out the play. I am going to stick with basic situations like a single call (e.g Block/charge, out of bounds calls, backcourt violations). So request for things like "Show the last 30 seconds...." is not going to get posted in total. I will take plays out of that time and show them, but not post multiple plays or situations.

This is becoming a yearly train wreck that is avoidable. It seems they do not care about certain short videos with plays that involve a single moment, but if there is other stuff they tend to get upset.

I am even willing to listen to lawyers on the issue to allow these videos to be posted at some later time as well. So those that have any ideas or ways around this situations, you can contact me directly for that situation. But it appears only the NCAA is making an issue over the tournament, not the regular season games. I think the other companies like their labeling to be out there. I do not monetize for this site and clearly do not go around asking for more followers in any way outside of just posting officiating videos.

Thanks for the requests and I just wanted to inform everyone the situation if the videos are taken down.

Thanks for your time.

Peace