View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 21, 2018, 03:41pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Happily Ever After ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jTheUmp View Post
NCAA Division III forbids scholarships for athletics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
... but if you're a good athlete, you just might be able to find an academic (or other) scholarship that would go to someone else if you weren't a good athlete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Officially they are grants.
My daughter was recruited for soccer by a small Catholic Division III University. She wasn't an All-State soccer player, but she was pretty good, good enough for the college head coach to make the two hour trip to see her play. When she visited the campus, the head coach marched her down to the scholarship office. My daughter wasn't the valedictorian, but was one of the top twenty students in her high school class of 500 students. Good soccer player plus good grades got her a full ride for five years. If she hadn't been recruited for soccer, we might never had known about the academic scholarship that she received (we might never had known anything about this tiny school). She graduated with a nursing degree and is now a registered nurse at a small hospital here in Connecticut.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Mar 21, 2018 at 04:45pm.