View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 20, 2018, 12:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAREF View Post
This time of year especially I am always amazed by all the high school, JUCO and lower level college officials who criticize the officials doing the NCAA Tournament, and often times correcting the calls and decisions they make. If you're so good...why aren't you on TV?
For one, video availability is highest at this level. That allows us all to look and analyze and learn. Everyone here knows that speed, angles, all have impacts on making calls correct or not. I know I look first to see why the official may have made the right call, not if they missed it. But watching video and trying to improve is one of the tools all officials are encouraged to use. I don't know any official worth a lick that has ever thought they've had a perfect game. Good yes. Great yes. Perfect no. And getting better through criticismand evaluation is part of the deal we all sign up for.
And to answer your question, I had opportunities when I was younger to officiate at the highest levels but determined I would be happier raising a family and not traveling on the road 4-5 nights per week.

Last edited by Blindolbat; Tue Mar 20, 2018 at 12:49am. Reason: Evaluations