View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 19, 2018, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post
My guess is that Mr. Collins would want the officials working to call it the same way. This particular play, an offensive player tossing the ball to the new T after a score, is not a judgement play. It is black and white. This specific crew decided that it was going to be a DOG. My assumption is that they have the rule book to back up their decision. If that is the case then why did the crew in the Auburn/Clemson game not call a DOG for the exact same play that occurred in the first half? BTW, nor did the crew stop the game to give a team warning. With that said, my guess would be that this action is going to be allowed by this crew for the remainder of that game.
Don't take this personally but this is a bit naive. One crew may adjudicate differently than another one. It would be rare that Senor Collins would make an announcement on this as this action is not THAT prevalent. There are more pressing issues to get officials on the same page that have a greater impact than this. There will never be 100% uniformity in how things are called at the NCAA level, however they try their best to get all officials on the same page as far as contact and freedom of movement stuff.