View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 08:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Thanks for the grammar correction. I do appreciate that although when you indicated "Does it make a difference?", I consider that to be a question, not an answer. Perhaps you were thinking that your question was providing an answer but if we are sticking to strict grammar rules.. suddenly, then it did not. Furthermore, "When the conditions were met" is not even a complete sentence and does not answer the question but rather repeats it in a different form.

Coach: Why was my player given a technical foul?
You: The conditions were met

I am not confident that you would answer that way.

The bigger picture is exactly what you described by saying "When the conditions are met." Give rule book citations that apply to when the ball is stuck in the net as to its status and those conditions please.
okay --

Yes, it would have been a dead ball T or a live ball T. I am still not sure it makes a difference to any subsequent administration -- that's why I asked a serious question.

And, the parenthetical part of my initial response is (or implies to any intelligent reader) the answer to your second question -- the ball becomes dead when the official decides the ball is stuck in the net.