View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 13, 2018, 03:34pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About The Jumper ...

... catching the jump ball, but were afraid to ask (with apologies to Woody Allen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Billy's post used to be the rule. Can't remember how many years ago this rule changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post
...don't forget it is all about volume !!!! Your the best at it !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I believe that you're confusing me with Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
You are correct that this was the rule. You'll have to wait until MTD gets up from his nap for "proof."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
.. B1 illegally caught the Ball, therefore B1's illegally catching the Ball did not start the AP Procedure ... The NFHS Rules Committee kept the original (lose the ball, lose the arrow) ruling until the 2002-03 season, when it adopted the NCAA Men's and Women's Ruling, so that all three Rules Codes are once again the same.
So, Multiple Sports, how's that for volume? As much as I hate to say it, always listen to Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. When it comes to rules history, he's the man.

Thanks to all those who set me straight. When the play happened last night in a state quarterfinal game, I remembered the old ruling, but thought that there was a newer interpretation, I just couldn't come up with a definitive timeline.

I've always said, for us veterans, it's not learning the rules that's difficult, it's remembering the rule changes, and keeping them straight.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)