View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 13, 2018, 01:27pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Gotta Be A Better Way ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
... crews from the same association were assigned to all state games (quarterfinals, semis, and finals).
We've always done it that way in Connecticut, from the first round until the state championship, boys and girls, all enrollment divisions.

Our main problem is the scarcity of three person games during the regular season, especially in some local boards (we have six local boards in Connecticut, two use quite a bit of regular season three person crews, four only do a few, including mine). Our interscholastic state high school sports governing body mandates three person crews from the quarterfinals on (some exceptions for some early round tough matchups).

I observed one of our local guys in a quarterfinal game. It was his first year in the tournament. He did a great job. After the game I asked him how many three person games he had worked previously. He answered that that night's game was his first three person game ever, not even a single three person scrimmage.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)