Thread: End of Season?
View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 05, 2003, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Our season here in Southeastern PA was over for fastpitch a couple weeks now.I believe slow pitch is into their fall ball season,but I only umpire fastpitch.My season starts with College Div III games in mid to late March with the High School Varsity schedule beginning the last week of March until late May finishing with the District Playoffs.I do the J.O.girls ASA programs and tournaments through July.I am also fortunate and honored to do the ASA Major Womens Games in my area.Teams like nationally accliamed Stratford Brakettes from Connecticut come down to play the Topton VIP's in their July 4th tournament.That is really super ball with many fine NCAA Div I players.I also had a once in a lifetime opportunity this season when the Dominican Republic National Womens Team came to play the Topton VIP's during their East coast tour in July.Both teams exchanged gifts prior to the game,and the playing of both National Anthems was quite moving.It was an umpiring experience I will long remember.Now I am ready to rest until next year by playing some golf and watching football.

Jeff