Thread: Kansas HS foul
View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 13, 2018, 04:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Agree. Every once in a while, you just have to swallow your pride and do the right thing. Similar situation this year....star player gets fouled and is injured by the endline. I pause, make sure the scene is safe, see coaches starting to come out to attend to the player, and I leave to report. Once done, I turn around and an adult attending to the player decides he's going to let everyone in the gym know that it's my fault the player got injured. T to the assistant coach. Except it turned out it wasn't an assistant coach. It was the player's father who had come down from the stands while I was reporting the common foul. I felt like poop. When the dust settled, I got both coaches together and told them I was rescinding the T and why. The offended coach wasn't happy but asked that the parent at least be asked to leave the gym for his outburst. I couldn't really object to that reasoning, so I had game management make him leave. I don't think the game manager was all that happy with how it played out. Not my best look ever, but I feel like we didn't make a crappy situation worse.
Team technical foul for the unsporting behavior of the team parent. The parent is also removed from the gym.