View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 06, 2018, 06:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
ART. 3

An intentional foul is a personal or technical foul that may or may not be premeditated and is not based solely on the severity of the act. Intentional fouls include, but are not limited to:

a. Contact that neutralizes an opponent's obvious advantageous position.

b. Contact away from the ball with an opponent who is clearly not involved with a play.

c. Contact that is not a legitimate attempt to play the ball/player specifically designed to stop the clock or keep it from starting.

d. Excessive contact with an opponent while the ball is live or until an airborne shooter returns to the floor.

e. Contact with a thrower-in as in 9-2-10 Penalty 4.
Rule: 4-19-5

adjective

going beyond the usual, necessary, or proper limit or degree; characterized by excess :
excessive charges; excessive criticism.

How is purposely tripping your opponent not an intentional act. If anyone sees this you are allowing kids to get away with things that only make your game worse. The referee saw him him doing non basketball movements. I am 6'5" when I go down its a long way its going to hurt.

If it was accidental its one thing. The referee judged it was done on purpose.

Great call!

Question did the kid or coach give you grief?

I felt he was blocked from the play and threw the leg as an attempt to stop the player from driving the lane. It was my judgement that it was not in an attempt to hurt him or I would have banged him for a flagrant but not a play on the ball so hit him with the intentional. Coach went crazy and ended up giving him a T but player seemed like he kind of knew it was wrong