Thread: The Joys of JV
View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 02, 2018, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

Seriously, why do they waste money on umpires for some of these games.

Todays game, 1 hour to complete the first inning and it was all the visiting team batting, home teams sent only 3 batters to the plate. Completed the 3rd inning with 10 minutes left to go in the time limit and home coach said he had enough and didn't want to continue.

Final score, 30-0, 3 innings in 1 hour 35 minutes and up until the 3rd inning the home team had only sent 6 batters to bat. They did manage to get a walk and a base hit in the 3rd and finished the game having sent 11 to the plate.

Wednesdays game I had to keep asking the catcher to back off of the batter or she was going to get whacked in the back of the head. Todays game I couldn't get either catcher to get within 5' of the batters. Mondays game I was just waiting for the one first basemen to take a ball in the teeth. Every time she caught the ball she held the tip of the glove right under her chin and more or less used it as an aiming device for her glove. I'm pretty certain by the end of the season she is likely to be missing some teeth.