View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 22, 2018, 06:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmay20 View Post
I guess this is an absolute in a few minds, which I find ridiculous. Maybe for the "veterans" that I've seen 100 lbs overweight wearing their belts, it looks horrible. What I think looks horrible is the 70 year old geriatrics working high intensity Varsity games and they can't run half the length of the floor twice without being gassed, but hey they don't backpedal!

So what do you do, as the new lead, when you have a fast break with the ball handler out in front dribbling up the sideline? From there, the rest of the players in the game are chasing/following and are effectively straight-lining the trail in this situation. Looking over your shoulder blocks some of your view. Squaring up a little bit gives you full vision of the ball handlers position, sideline to nearest defender, which provides the best possible angle until partner can recover their field of view.

Those lines they have on the court usually are good indicators of your position on the floor.
Better watch out for pot holes though...
Go to any camp (high school, college, etc.) and backpedal and report back to us what your clinician says.