View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 18, 2018, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

I thought the straight arm to Udoka was a foul, they didn't get, then a few seconds later when Udoka flopped, that wasn't a foul, and that is about the first time I've ever seen a KU player flop.

Late a WV player tried to flop and draw a charge on Udoka and the refs rightfully ignored, but the point is that he WV players know that refs have been gullible to this and pushed it.

I thought Lightfoot took a charge, he got there just in time, both feet out of the arc, and the contact from the driver pushed the left foot back inside the RA, that doesn't count. Nice bang/bang charge, close but he's there.

That offensive BI shouldn't ever be called even if technically could have been.

That's kinda like calling a technical for face guarding, as the rule book at one time indicated, and probably still does. Has anyone ever called it?

A couple drives by WV where there was slight contact in the first half but weren't called, could have been, but other than that, the ft discrepancy was WV living on jump shots, and WV trying to take KU's 3's out of it, so KU driving more often. Several plays where WV in their pressure could have been called for fouls, that Bilas pointed out.

I would be interested in seeing the last play where Huggins went nuts. WV driver took the ball into Udoka, creating the contact. Udoka tried to jump straight up but jumped at a little bit of an angle. That was the most interesting call/non-call of the night, and set Huggins off. My rule of thumb was always if a small brought it to a big, big, and always gather and take step and jump up, and if got ball up top you'd have to see him really come through the shooter in the follow through. Players should be able to go vertical. Not sure Udoka did a good enough job in this instance of squaring up and going vertical, but the angle I saw of it wasn't great. That would be a good video to see.