View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 14, 2018, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Administrative T discovered during 1 and 1

The other Administrative T thread prompted me to bring my question to you guys. BJV game last weekend with a veteran partner who has far more experience than I do (some JUCO and mostly Varsity). As my partner is reporting a foul against Team B, which will result in a 1 and 1 for Team A, the scorer advises him that A1 is in the book as A11 (or vice versa).

He calls me over and tells me what happened. I reply with so we shoot 1 and 1 for A with lanes clear, then 2 free throws for B and B's ball at division line. Partner tells me that we will shoot B's shots first, then administer the 1 and 1 as a live situation. My gut and knowledge told me that was wrong, but I saw no sense in arguing with someone who is certain they're correct, so we went with his call. Nobody complained so we moved on as always. My partner is a very good official, but is known to slack off somewhat when he has sub-varsity games.

I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this, so I have a concrete interpretation when another situation like this arises. As I'm sure you're all aware, this applies to 3.2.2 and 10.1.2...thanks for the help!