Thread: Survey Says ...
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 12, 2018, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotationslim View Post
When I read this #19 seemed to be about only allowing timeout to be called from the bench/head coach during a dead ball. However another user posted a reponse that made it seem like it was about WHO calls the TO, not when?

19. Permitting coaches to only call a time-out during a dead ball, including after a made basket.
ABSOLUTELY NOT. This is already the worst rule in NCAA Men's, no need to expand it to HS (and younger). Why add a middle man? Other than a trap in a corner and similar situations, virtually all timeouts are strategic and wanted by the HC. Not like you have captains saying, "Hmm... I think we need a break here..."

FWIW I would love the rule to change to only allow timeouts to be called at a dead ball. I dont think it should be available as a tactic to bail out an offensive player who is trapped. Let them work their way out of it, or turn it over. Letting the coach jump in and save them with (what I consider is) an admistrative move is stupid. Let the players sort it out on the court.
Agreed. Lol- It also would do away with the occasional time out given when a coach calls "five out."