Thread: Survey Says ...
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 11, 2018, 08:26pm
Stubborn Member

I've started the survey and find that I don't care about most of the changes made for last season. Rule changes such as the coaches box being extended and uniform name restrictions were never an issue in the first place (at least around here in central Ohio).

As for proposed rule changes, for the most part they seem unnecessary (the one about changing away teams to white and home teams to a dark color made me say "what" out loud). However, some are ok...

I voted for removing color restrictions on sleeves and such, as I'd love not to be part of the fashion police. Although I did voted "no" on the knotted headbands, as I feel that would introduce follow-up rules about the length of the tied ends and size of the knots.

The one about coaches being able to shorten time outs to 30 seconds was intriguing, but in the end it seems unnecessary.

I do like clarifying that a screen must be in bounds for the screen to be legal.

I also like team members needing to remove warm-up clothing three minutes before game time so we can make sure they're uniform is legal.. Not that I've had this issue, but it would avoid a possible argument with a coach about a starter needing to be replaced so they can change their undershirt or something.

And if overtime is an extension of the 4th quarter, why not use the AP arrow instead of having another jump ball?

It seems that most of these rules changes are introduced just to give somebody at the Fed something to do. You know... to justify them having a job.