View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 08, 2018, 09:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersowner View Post
Association received a warning from our mechanics guru that too many officials are walking towards the table and reporting. Before with single hand number reporting, I think it caused more officials to get to a spot, then go through the reporting sequence. Now because you can hold two hand up and walk towards the table, its allowing more people to walk and talk. Hell a week ago, I had a partner just report from the baseline and didn't rotate (to each their own, I guess).

I find myself doing it a lot more and I was always someone who tried to get to a spot because I wasn't coordinated enough to walk, talk, use one hand, and find the scorekeepers eyes all at the same time. I see most if not all college officials do this and I don't necessarily see it as a big deal, but I am curious what others are hearing.

Anyone else getting lectured on this?

I was told by a friend of mine in another state, their state evaluated officials on this as part of their playoff ratings as they thought guys would get lazier with 2 hands.
Depends on the association. I am in NC and ours wants you to report from the volleyball Lines that make a corner near the table. To me as long as you have eye contact with the scorekeeper and clearly say the number and report with one or two hands is what matters.