View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 06, 2018, 12:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
This is the problem right here...You aren't working with other "umps", you are working with part time workers whose only concern is picking up a paycheck for doing the minimum amount of work possible.....

Call the game as it happens, sometimes you will go over the time, sometimes you will have run rules and finish before the time limit...over the long run, it all seems to even out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Your partners are thieves. They are suggesting stealing time from the players for which they are being paid.

The umpires job is to officiate and manage the game, which includes keeping the game moving, not managing a clock.
I was going to post, but these two have dispensed all the sage advice I have. Whether we like to admit it or not, our game is derived from/related to baseball: "the beautiful game without a clock". Call the game until the timer goes off, then finish the inning. (or two innings, per new ASA/USA rules)