View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 02, 2018, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

My apologies for digging more into this topic but....

1) The Georgetown game indicated that they were,during the game, trying to speed the game along by giving the ball to the opponent immediately after GT scored. That action provided an advantage to GT. So, shouldn't there be a warning for "delay" and "haste"?

2) (mostly for Billy) The case indicates "Immediately following a goal by A1, A3 slaps the ball away so that Team B is unable to make a quick throw-in." I interpret this case to equate to something that is seen frequently in today's game. Team A scores and B1 is trying to inbound the ball quickly. A1 slaps the ball away from B1. To me "slaps" is a word that does not contain any misconduct, unsporting behavior, egregiousness, or a long distance of travel. The case appears to be, again in my interpretation, involving a very specific situation that is quite common. It is a very good description of a well-known situation and thus a DOG warning is issued. Now, sending the ball into the stands by chucking/kicking or, in case of OP, chest-passing to other end of court are also very specific acts that do contain misconduct, unsporting behavior, long distance of travel, etc. They are also well-known situations and a T is warranted, argued by none watching the game.

3) Arem - Wished you would have allowed clock to run for 25 seconds, lol.

Dumb of me to submit that second part but I already typed it. I hate to see carpal tunnel syndrome go to waste.