View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 03, 2003, 05:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Re: Re: Not allowed there either.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
I did xxxxxxx.
I will not stoop to vulgar insults, but if you truly did read my post, then you clearly did not understand it. My point was not that smoking was a problem at the HS level; merely that it was much more common to see football or baseball personell using tobacco products in the past than it is now.

Quote:
It was never acceptable in any rules I know of. It was not acceptable when I was in HS, it is not acceptable now. That is why I said, "I do not know where you get your information from." When was it acceptable Chuck, 1950?
Have you ever heard of Major League Baseball? Jim Leyland used to smoke in the Pirates dugout as recently as maybe 10 years ago. Players still use chewing tobacco regularly. Ever hear of the NBA? Red Aurbach [sp, sorry] made the "victory cigar" famous, while sitting on the Celtics bench. My point was only that the culture of some games was more accepting of tobacco than basketball was/is.

And finally, if you had read my post, you would've seen that I admitted that my hypothesis was just a guess. I'm not trying to say that's what happened. I'm only venturing a guess. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But your post doesn't help the discussion at all.

[Edited by mick on Sep 3rd, 2003 at 05:43 PM]