View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 01, 2018, 05:56pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Slightly Injured Player ...

A player goes down hard last night. At an appropriate time I sounded my whistle to stop play, spoke to the player to see how badly she was injured, she was alright, and ready to play (no coach or bench personnel came onto the floor), so we got ready to restart the game with a throwin.

Parent from the stands yells loudly: "If you stop the game the team has to take a timeout."

After thirty-seven years, I'd thought that I heard all the stupid comments from the fans. I was wrong.

Something new to add to my list of Misunderstood Rules:

A player who has been injured such that the coach or any other bench personnel (trainer) is beckoned and/or comes onto the court shall be directed to leave the game, unless a timeout is requested by, and granted to, the team and the situation can be corrected by the end of the timeout. If an official stops the clock to check on an injured player, and if the coach or any bench personnel do not come onto the court, and if the player is ready to play immediately, that player may remain in the game and no timeouts need to be requested, and granted.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)