Thread: Part 2 Test
View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 03, 2003, 04:31pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb "If" or "may?"

Quote:
Originally posted by ABoselli
Never have to take the test again? What good does that do anybody? We, too, get it open book but I've always thought it should be closed book, put your name on it and get your grade posted. That would get a few guys to crack open the books more often.
What good does the test do anyone? When I go on the field and think to myself, "Question #24 on the Part 2 Exam is the reason we are not going to play this game."

These tests are a joke. They do not prove anything. You cannot officiate with the logic these questions ask. If anything, that is what the Part 1 Exam is for. And if you need a test to get you to crack the books, then you are not serious about officiating in the first place. Just like many do not run or workout at all to get ready for the season, which is something I do more of than try to remember if the rulebook mean, "if" or "may." I spend more time looking at the rulebook to think of situations that have actually happen to me on the field than for the test. Because if test are the reason you pick up the book, what do you do when all of them are done?

Peace