View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 03, 2003, 02:55pm
Official Forum Member

To try and be more detailed to what I was asking, Ill try and describe the pitchers stance at the time he feinted/faked towards 2b:

F1, a lefty, has left foot on rubber. Right foot, in front, pitching hand at side with ball, glove in other hand at side. Standing tall. Facing first base side. It would be the position right before F1 would bring his arms up set. Hes either going to pitch, throw to a base or step off. Its right then that F1, turns only his head back towards R2. Nothing else, no shoulder turn, nothing. And without doing anything else, lifts his pitching arm and feints a throw to 2nd. It was emphatic enough an attempt, just no step. As if saying in a matter-of-fact way...."Hey sparky, get back on the base, before I really wheel around and pick ya off"...
F1 then turned his head around back towards the batter. Thats when , in all my glory, called a balk. I called it, rightly or wrongly because I saw no step with the feinit/fake.
I guess also, as I read on here, I could have called a balk because in him raising his pitching arm this is associated with starting his delievery to home??