Thread: timeout
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 28, 2018, 11:02am
Esteemed Forum Member

Give A Man A Fish And He'll Eat For A Day ...

Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. (George Carlin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Make him actually crack a book. I could've cut and pasted too, but I chose not to.
Any time I copy, and paste, rule, or casebook, citations (from the NFHS 2011-12 rulebook, and casebook, on my hard drive, the newest available to me) it's mostly for me, and everybody else on the Forum, not necessarily for the benefit of a single Forum member.

However, I do lean toward the information posted in threads and posts on the Forum to be a twenty-first century reference source, the same as the information printed on dead trees was back in the twentieth century. I equate coming to the Forum for information to be almost the same as cracking open a book, especially as more and more are asking Siri, and Alexa for information.

"Alexa. Are successive timeouts legal in a basketball game?"

Gone forever are the times down at the local gin joint when the debate of the night would be who shared one the three parts of the triple crown with Carl Yastrzemski in 1967. No need to go to the library, or even own a computer, just find the answer on a smart phone, and you don't even have to drop a dime in the phone (Google it young'uns). A search engine is almost like the table of contents, or the index, in a reference book.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jan 28, 2018 at 02:11pm.