View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 27, 2018, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
You apparently do not understand when TC ends AND /OR I am not doing a good enough job explaining it. So, I'll try again.

Do you agree that A has TC?

Do you agree that A remains in TC until there's a try, a dead ball, or B gains control?

Do you agree that none of those things happened?

So, when the ball reaches the FC, A has TC in the front court -- that's what the rule means. A does NOT need to have PC in the FC.

Here's an interp that might help:

SITUATION 1: A1 is straddling the division line after catching and possessing a pass from A2. A1 then fumbles the ball, so that the ball lands in A’s frontcourt. A1 then regains possession of the ball (still straddling the division line). RULING: A1, with Team A in control, caused the ball to go from backcourt to frontcourt and was the first player to touch the ball again in the backcourt. Therefore, a backcourt violation shall be called. (9-9 Note)

I now know where the confusion is and it's my fault. I was intending to respond to Cameron Rust #91 and i thought it was your post.
If you read his rationale for the rule being wrong - his scenarios don't have team control in the front court.

Regarding the OP - I can live with the call of BC, though I likely would never have ruled it that way without this forum.

apologies for the confusion.