View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 26, 2018, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

To me this play is an illegal screen. The play looks like they are trying to get a double screen set up for #13 Blue to shoot a 3-point shot. The blue player is outside his standard body width and using his knee to prevent the defending player from getting through the screen. It turns out as many people know the person who ended up open is the screener.

I think this is one of those plays that 20 years ago people may say you can't call that with less then a minute left in a close game. However, now with the video so readily available to audiences you have to referee the play the same way you would in the first minute. I didn't ref 20 years ago however so I can't fully speak to that validity.

Another part to that maybe how the screens were called throughout the game. I didn't see the whole game so if this type of contact was permitted consistently throughout the course of the game on both ends maybe it is a correct no call here in this situation. As it stands I think that I am going the other way with a team control foul.