View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 03, 2003, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

Last night I had this play happen and I want to make sure I did the right thing. The rec league game ended with the visiting team winning 34-3 so,while hoping I got it right,I did not feel as bad if i blew it.

ASA Rules

R1 on first. BatterRunner hits a slow chopper to SS. He bobbles it trying to throw to 2nd to get the lead runner. He drops the ball and the R1 is now STANDING on 2nd base. The BR has slipped and fell half way to 1B. The SS throws the ball over his 1Bman's head iand the ball goes in the dugout. I sent the runner that was on first to home for his two bases since he had already made 2nd before the throw. I then sent the BR to 2b (giving him 1B and 2B for his two base award. The player-coach for the defensive team was livid saying that he only gets one base. Before I could explain it to him ,he hollers back thatthe BR only got one base (so he thought)to 2B and I explained to him that he got a two base award of first and second. I then explained that the guy on first had already made it to 2B safely before the throw,therefore his two base award was 3rd and home. Was I correct?