View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 25, 2018, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Not even parts of the postseaason?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Iowa has a weird set up. We have two separate unions, one for the girls and one for the boys.

On the girls side, the people that are in charge are not the ones who assign post season basketball. We have a (can't remember the exact term) director of girls basketball whose only job is to coordinate evaluators and assign the post season. He also assigns for the north/northeast portion of the state. That is his only administrative duty, so he wouldn't see the video that I sent to the state.

On the boys side, the offices is set up in a more (what I imagine to be) traditional way. They oversee all sports and assign post season. So the director of basketball would be the one I'd send that to, and he's also the one who assigns postseason. In that sense, what you're asking about is possible.

Like I said, I know this sounds douchey and I don't mean it to but if I were treated like that by a coach, partner, and AD who did nothing to help, I'd have no problem giving up the post season to not have that headache. This situation seemed like the perfect storm of officials not having the gall to just TCOB, a ridiculous coach, and an inept AD. I can't imagine that sort of thing happening around here where we are pretty fortunate to have quality officials, good administrators, and coaches who behave pretty well.