View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 03, 2003, 12:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Not allowed there either.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias

In a basketball context, you're probably right, Juulie. But the NF also writes rules for other games (notably baseball and football) where the use of tobacco products during the game used to be perfectly acceptable. Perhaps the anti-tobacco rules originated in those sports and then the various rules committees incorporated them into all HS sports as a general NF policy. So even tho you'll never actually see it on a basketball team's bench, the rule is there for consistency's sake?

Chuck,

I really do not know where you get your information, but in both baseball and basketball tabacco product use is illegal in those NF sports. It warrants an ejection automatically with the discovery of the use of those products. This applies to the coaches, trainers, team attendants and players. Clearly in the Football Rulebook under 9-8-1j this is spelled out. And if I had the Baseball Rulebook handy, I would quote that rule as well. Not only that, it is illegal in my state to have any of these products on school property. I am sure other states have a similar law, so it might not even be something we have to deal with alone.

Peace