View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 18, 2018, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
I guess the one thing I'd throw out for discussion is how do folks see the official warning playing out in your games?

Are you or your partners using it? Have coaches who you've had to whack brought up they should get a warning first?
I've given three warnings this year, and all of them worked to the point where I wish I didn't even have to give them.

First one was a 9th grade coach who is also an official in our association who spent pre-game bragging about the varsity game he worked the night before. He then proceeded to moan the entire first quarter that his guys weren't getting a call. Warned him in the second quarter, not a peep after that.

Second game was a girls JV game with one coach who's a known yapper and one I've never had before. Home yapper finally wears me out in the third quarter, warned him, not a peep unless it ended with "sir". Not 30 seconds later, visiting coach gets his for complaining that his girls are being called for ticky tack fouls. Not a word from him the rest of the night.

I'm glad we have the option for a warning, but I wish coaches realized when to cool it so we didn't have to get that far. Overall, I think my coaches and players have been about the same to slightly better than last year, but fan behavior has gotten worse.