View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 18, 2018, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I am not saying that the official should be over the top and ranting and raving -- but there's nothing that a quiet word with a cooperative game manager can't fix. On our (the schools') end, I'm trying best I can to get schools to be proactive with behavior and keep crap off the officials, who just want a positive experience and want to work.

I officiated at a school last week and the student section was just out of control. There 3 staff members, paid to be crowd control, did nothing but stand in the corner, glazed eyed. I let it go as I recognized that there's a systemic problem there and I wasn't going to fix it, but it made me unhappy, nonetheless.

For me, fan noise usually correlates to coach behavior. (My example above -- not. The coach was a gentleman all night.) I can ignore most of it, but when fans get personal or start in on members of the other team (student sections making fun of opposing players, for example), then it shouldn't just be ignored.
Now that is a great way to state your opinion and I agree with you.

The OP did not put it the way you put it. He made it sound like he was the one removing fans for saying things that quite frankly weren't that bad.

Your point is more spot on.