View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 18, 2018, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

There is a Saturday youth league I am a part of and have been for 18 years ( coached in it several years ago and also served on their board for about 6 years when I lived on that side of town). I work their JRHS and HS league games. The HS league is basically the intramural league for 9th, 10th, 11th graders. I don't have any issues with coaches in this league cause I know all of them from my time being involved and the league is well run in terms of what they expect from their coaches and players....but there's always one kid...every year!

First weekend of games, last Saturday...HS league, kid comes out from a timeout and jumps up and grabs the rim with one hand..he doesn't hang on it... just kinda grabbed it and came back down. So, I figure I'll give him benefit of the doubt and I simply tell him to stay off the rims during time outs. This knucklehead replies under his breath, but loud enough for me to hear it "You need to shut the F up"....Rang him up...then he had the balls to say "This is BS"...so he got tossed and won't be playing this week either.

Coach asked me after I reported what did he say...I told him and he said, thanks and just shook his head.

Fans are gonna be fans...I don't care if it's V, JV, Frosh, JH, Travel ball, AAU or rec...they are 95% idiots that don't know the rules.