View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 17, 2018, 12:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

I think at the high school level, it is getting worse for some time. I think part of it is because we have a generation of kids that are not held accountable for a lot of things and the adults seem to be dealing with that generation blaming us/officials for things we would have never been even thought to be accused of before. When I was a player I could not even address the officials about anything. That is what the coach was for. But instead we have coaches that allow their players to say all kinds of things to us and if we as adults address them directly, we get "Well he is the captain" or "You should be able to talk to him" BS. And I think part of that is we have adults afraid to address their kids in a certain way because then they might have to deal with parents that feel their kids can do no wrong, so it often comes to their behavior as the coach to not address things they once would do without question. Often times the issues that I see are issues with players and their behavior. Coaches never seem to suggest their player did something wrong and it must be something about us that made us call the foul or penalize their players.

Peace